Friday, August 1, 2008

Rock Band Review

We finally did it, we gave in and paid nearly $400.00 for a playstation 3. I thought that would be the end of big expenditures for a few days, boy was I wrong! The lovely men of my house decided they absolutely could not live without the newest, koolest game on the planet. So being the loving wife and mother I am, I smiled as we walked away from the store with a big box and without my $170.00 plus tax. We were the proud owners of Rock Band. Which included drums,guitar and microphone for the whole family to play!

I was skeptical at first that Rock Band would hold anyone attention for more than a week. But thankfully I was wrong my son and husband were hooked, making their own bands, getting funky hair cuts and tattos! They were in hog heaven! The game was difficult enough for a challenge but easy enough for me to get a few good gigs in on the drums. I think the producers may have a winner in Rock Band. Except for a few minor problems, like the equipment is crap and you can not return it to the store you purchased it from! We had this game less than 2 months and the guitar malfunctioned. The wammy bar would not work at all. Well we attempted to return it only to be shown the yellow dot on the INSIDE of the box flap that stated we were to contact the website to get it replaced. The official site was a bit difficult to navigate and unless you had a credit card you were not getting help anytime soon! To get the guitar shipped immediately you were to allow them to but $175.00 hold on your account to ensure you returned the bad one. That would not be so bad but it took them 60 days to release our money after they received the defective product. Very frustrating to say the least.

Whithin a month the new Rock Band guitar has begun to have problems and the foot peddle broke on the drum set. At this point I am very fed up with Rock Band and their periphials. The game was a great concept poorly executed. There needs to be better quality equipment and in store returns. All in all I could not recommend this game, the price point is way to high for the shoddy workmanship.